Things I’ve loved this week…
HERE’S what I’ve loved this week. A little bit of ‘Pouting In Heels’ appreciation if you like ;-)
1) The Oscar frocks – forget about the awards, it was ALL about the dresses for me. My favourites included Penelope Cruz who was beautiful as always in Armani, Gwyneth Paltrow looking sleek and futuristic in Tom Ford and Natalie Portman, a true ‘yummy mummy’ in a vintage number.
2) Feeling baby Portman move – I began to feel baby flutters and kicks over a week ago but this week, baby Portman has upped the ante and has really began to make his or her presence felt! Weird yes, but incredibly special.
3) Four7Two lipstick range – launched by beauty consultant Clare Madden to raise money for charity, this range is fabulous and incredibly purse-friendly. Each lipstick costs only £4.99 each! My favourites are Beat It! (a flattering red) and Gentle Soul (a lovely nude).
4) Winning the ‘luscious lips’ competition – yes, it was all for fun and to support a great cause, but it’s always lovely to win something isn’t it?!
5) Beautiful, bold flowers – I love the colours in this bouquet (presented to me on Wednesday at the ‘luscious lips’ final). They’re just the thing to brighten up a dull and dreary day.
6) Emeli Sande – my husband has been listening to her album ‘Our Version of Events’ non-stop for a few weeks and now, I too, am hooked! Beautiful vocals, heart pulling lyrics and great songs = one brilliant album. Amazing.
7) My Zoe Alexander maternity dress – I’ll be blogging about this gorgeous dress very shortly so won’t ruin the surprise! But for now, I will say this, I haven’t come across anything more stylish or more comfortable in maternity wear yet.
8) Spending quality time with my Mum – on Thursday, my Mum and I had a day out to celebrate her birthday and spent the day eating, shopping and talking! It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life, but spending quality time with loved ones, is what life is ALL about.
9) My new Chanel compact mirror – I’ve heard great things about Chanel’s ‘Miroir Double Facettes‘ from people in the know, so this week I treated myself to one with some left over birthday money. Chic and understated but oh so fabulous, it’s a perfect make-up bag accessory and I now won’t be leaving home without it.
10) Mustard mash! – I can’t believe I haven’t discovered this earlier! What have I been doing all my life? If you fancy turning ordinary mash into something incredibly tasty, just add a few teaspoons of wholegrain mustard and a dribble of honey. Trust me, you’ll love it.
What have you loved this week?
Till the next time,