I love Sundays. Especially because I get to share some love and appreciation here on le blog! Here’s what has made my heart sing this week…
1) My amazing pregnancy massage – On Wednesday afternoon while most people were hard at work, I was oh so busy enjoying some much needed pregnancy pampering at the fabulous Ayurveda Pura’s Health Spa & Beauty Centre in North Greenwich, London. I’ll be writing about this experience shortly but let’s just say it was an hour of relaxation heaven! Thank you Deepa!
2) Catching up with my sister Sylve – My trip to London this week wouldn’t have been complete without a good catch-up with my little sister Sylvie. We don’t get to see each other often so when we do, we talk for England and it’s always a pleasure.
3) Walking out of a restaurant, not once but twice! – The older I get, the pickier I’m getting. If a restaurant doesn’t offer a friendly and polite service straight away or isn’t up to scratch, I’m outta there! In London this week, I (and Sylve) walked out of two restaurants in the space of 10 minutes. Awkward yes but weirdly it felt really good!
4) Mirrors and lights=art – This week I visited the Yayoi Kusama exhibition at the Tate Modern after reading a fabulous review of it a few weeks ago. The exhibition is particularly impressive but Kusama’s breathtaking Infinity Mirrored Room really is something else. It is without doubt one of the most magical things I’ve ever seen. The exhibition is on until 5 June. Go see it if you can. You’ll love it.
5) My own bed – You know what it’s like, it’s lovely to go away for a holiday or a short break but it’s always such a wonderful feeling to get back home and climb into your own bed. After a busy few days in London, getting between the sheets in my own bed was bliss. Sometimes it really is the simple things in life that make me happy.
6) Quidco! – My wise husband has been a fan of this clever money making site for a few years now but I’ve only just caught up! It’s the UK’s Number 1 cashback and voucher site which means that when you shop online, if you go through them first to your chosen retailer, providing they’re part of the scheme, you earn money for shopping! Amazing!
If you fancy joining, check out my refer a friend link. When you have made £5 cashback, we both earn £2.50 each! Fabulous ey? (Watch out for my intelligent spending blog post on this coming soon)
7) Foundation that works – I have really pale skin so often struggle to find a foundation that matches my skintone and doesn’t look too dark. Thankfully I’ve found a new ally in the form of Max Factor’s Lasting Performance Foundation. At the bargain price of £9.99, not only have I found the perfect shade for my skin, it also lasts ALL day! Try it, I think you’ll like it! ;-)
8) An impending holiday – Next Saturday, the husband and I are off for a week or rest and relaxation in the Lake District. Officially known as our babymoon! (Our last holiday as a two-some, eek!) Whilst I’ve got a busy week ahead, I’m already feeling relaxed knowing that in a few days time I’ll be escaping the hustle and bustle for a short while. I can’t wait!
Hope you’ve all had a gorgeous week!
Do share your Sunday love if anything this week has particularly caught your eye or made you smile too :-)
Till the next time,