STYLE: Swimwear that won’t break the bank (but will make you feel like a million dollars)
WITH holiday season fast approaching, one of the things you may be looking to purchase in the forthcoming weeks, is new swimwear.
Now, I don’t know about you, but as I much as I love pretty things and fabulous fashion, I’ll be damned if I’m going to spend a fortune on a bikini or a swimsuit that I’ll probably only wear a couple of times on holiday if I’m lucky. I would much rather spend more of my hard earned cash on something like a new pair of heels (obviously) or on a day trip to a faraway island for example. *Daydreams*
So I have good news for you my friends. We don’t need to spend a fortune to feel priceless semi-naked on our hols this summer. No, no, no.
And we don’t even need to visit the high street. Yep really. If you need a swimsuit or bikini, all you need to do is pop along to your nearest supermarket or go online and combine your weekly food shop with a little bit of holiday shopping for erm…you.
To prove my point, here are five brilliant – and amazingly priced – swimwear pieces that I am LOVING from George this season. And as you’ll tell from the collection, I’m most definitely a bikini girl. (What can I say? One pieces just aren’t my thang, unless I’m visiting my local swimming baths that is.)
From left to right:
1. This glorious paisley number is flattering and cheerful and reminds me of something that a Bond girl might have worn in the 1970s. (With a martini in hand naturally.)
2. You may be on a beach but that doesn’t mean you can’t still do glamour. This metallic snakeskin gold bikini will suit pretty much every skin tone going and is just oh so fabulous.
3. When it comes to bikinis, I always think it’s best to be inspired by glamorous bygone eras. This chic black and white floral two piece is very Hollywood ‘bombshell’-esque. In fact I reckon Marilyn Monroe herself would have been thrilled to wear it.
4. A stylish take on the classic black bikini. Kate Moss herself would be proud.
5. I love this one simply because you can’t beat a bit of gingham. Just team with retro curls and cut off denim shorts. Perfection.
So which one’s my favourite? Well, as a lady who likes her glamour, for me it just has to be the metallic snakeskin gold bikini. Seventies-inspired disco glam in a two piece? I mean, I ask you, what’s not to love about that?! And here’s how I’d style it up…
Amazing swimwear that looks great and costs little? By ‘George’ I think we’ve cracked it! ;-)
Which one is your favourite out of the bunch?!
With love (and pouts)
**Disclaimer – this post was sponsored by George