LIFE AND STUFF! (AN UPDATE)
CAN you believe we’re already two weeks into 2016?
I ask you, when on earth did this happen?! Crazy stuff indeed.
Anyhow, I hope you’re all having a smashing start to the year and are managing to hit the ground running with all of your hopes, desires and goals!
It’s been a pretty eventful couple of weeks here, so I thought I’d share with you all a quick update of what I’ve been up to and what’s been happening in my world of late.
- Elsie is now dummy free! I’ve been dreading this for ages, but finally last weekend we gave the last couple of dummies to the ‘dummy fairy’ and tackled it. And to my absolute surprise, it was much easier than I’d thought! Bar one bad first night, when she cried for her dummy, she hasn’t asked for one since. Result.
- This week I completed Elsie’s school application form! A very surreal moment which had me thinking about how quickly time has gone by and how I need to learn to appreciate the little moments and my time with her, much more.
- This month got off to a very lovely start, blogging wise, when I was invited to be the Tots100 ‘Blogger of the month’ for January. Here I am sharing some blogging tips and talking more about my blogging plans for the year.
- I was interviewed for Gurgle magazine last week about my top three fashion items that I couldn’t live without in pregnancy. I had to really think back as it’s been quite a while since I was pregnant! Interview will be out later in the year, around April / May.
- A couple of days ago I attended the Optiwell launch at Cowshed Spa at Shoreditch House, London which was so much fun! Besides being totally pampered, I was also given some really good wellbeing tips that I’ve taken on board. More of this next week!
- I’m still trying to launch my ‘agony aunt’ column. Lots of you expressed an interest in it and thought it was a good idea. I’m just waiting for my first few letters and then we’ll be good to go. Don’t forget if you do have a dilemma (big or small) about anything, you can whizz me a line at email@example.com
- ‘Room’ – I was very kindly invited to watch a preview of this film that’s taking the world by storm currently, from the comfort of my own living room and all I can say is…wow, it is EMOTIONAL people! Based on the incredible book by Emma Donaghue (I read this in two days when I was on my ‘babymoon’ and wept buckets), the film really is one of the most emotional I have ever seen. Powerful, inspiring and incredibly moving, it’s an absolute must watch.
- I’ve finished reading Cheryl Strayed’s wonderful book ‘Tiny Beautiful Things’. Wise, witty and heartwarming, this book packs a big emotional punch and has been added to my list of ‘all time favourite books’. If you’re anything like me, you will love it!
- Style wise, I’ve been working my brave muscle and venturing out, wearing a hat! Something I never usually do. Here it is in all of it’s glory.
- I’ve been concentrating on being ‘healthier’! Nothing major (I’m not really a fan of diets and the like) but I’ve been eating more of the good stuff, less of the bad, starting the day with hot water and lemon and drinking less booze. And quelle surprise, I’m feeling the best I have in months.
- Food wise I’ve discovered Rye bread. (A healthier alternative to our white loaf.) It tastes great, is good for you and what’s more it doesn’t give you the dreaded ‘bread bloat’. (P.S M&S do the best loaf.)
AND STUFF THAT’S COMING UP
- Pouting In Heels will soon have it’s very own, little shop! Watch this space for updates but hopefully it should be live in the next month or so when I get my act together. Expect inspirational prints and a good dose of colour!
- The rest of this month is all about knuckling down to write my first book! I’ve scheduled in some time over the next few weeks to write the first draft and i’m so excited! Please send me all the good creative vibes you can. (And plenty of tea).
- And finally, I’ve got a meeting with a TV producer next week! (I kid you not). No idea if anything will come from this at all, but I’ll of course keep you posted! Life huh? It’s never dull. Wish me luck.
Have a smashing weekend all! What have you been up to?!