FRIDAY FIVE: Some body image inspiration…
I’VE been a little quiet on the blogging front of late.
We’re having a new kitchen put in currently which means life is a little chaotic and so, finding the time to sit down and blog has been, shall we say, a challenge.
Especially when there are more pressing matters to deal with such as, which kitchen tiles should we pick?! It’s serious stuff I tell you. ;-)
Anyway, hopefully I’ll be back to full blogging speed again soon although you may have to bear with me and my sporadic posts for a wee while longer!
But now on to today’s Friday’s Five…
Last week I blogged about my love for my post-pregnancy body which received an overwhelming response. I can’t tell you how totally delighted I was that it provoked such a positive reaction from all you wonderful ladies. :)
Since then I’ve been keeping my beady eyes open for more inspiring body image stuff and so for today’s post, I though I’d share some of the best pieces I’ve come across online recently.
Read them, be inspired and let’s show our bodies some much needed love and appreciation.
- This piece on body image written by my blogger friend Samantha Hadadi is as inspiring as it is honest. One of the most moving and courageous pieces I’ve read in a long time.
- Forgot how awesome women’s bodies are? Then let this piece by the Huffington Post remind you -> 6 Awesome Things Women’s Bodies Can Do.
- American actress Kristen Bell says the most refreshing thing I’ve heard in ages! “I am not a women whose self-worth comes from her dress size.”
- A powerful post and a must read for all mothers of daughters. ‘How to talk to your daughter about her body‘.
- Finally, I’m going to finish with the wise words of Kate Winslet (borrowed from the Brisbane Kids FB page):
Ladies, it’s time to start talking positively about our bodies. If not for ourselves, then for future generations. Let’s make the change today.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Till the next time, know that you and your body are beautiful.