THIS time last year I was in labour so as you can imagine, I’m feeling ever so reflective today!
As we make the final preparations for Elsie’s first birthday tomorrow, I’ve been thinking a lot about how far we’ve come as a family and how being pregnant now seems like such a long time ago.
So with is in mind – and because I’ve still got lots of birthday stuff to do (!) – here are five ‘blasts from the past’. Five of my favourite pieces that I’ve written about pregnancy and motherhood to date.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed writing them.
- My first trimester experience – This seems like a zillion years ago now, but here I am talking about how it was for me. (Thankfully it got easier!)
- Waiting for Bean – Who knew our ‘bean’ would be such a beautiful little girl?!
- Postnatal secrets: What no-one ever tells you – The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- Why I decided to share Elsie’s birth story – A post about our 15 minutes of fame in Pregnancy & Birth magazine.
- Lessons from Elsie: A different kind of love – Still one of my most popular posts to date and definitely one of my personal favourites.
Finally, to beautiful Elsie :
Happy 1st Birthday pumpkin girl! You have brought so much joy into so many lives. Thank you for making the last year, the best year yet. I love you. X
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend in the sunshine! Think of us, partying and eating lots of cake!
Till the next time, it’s always good to reflect.